Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another great innovation from the IPL

+18
HH_pink
JGK
skully
doremi
Batman
SG
buckSH
PeterCS
Ash
lardbucket
PlanetPakistan
JKLever
taipan
DJ_Smerk
The One
embee
tac
Zat
22 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Another great innovation from the IPL - Page 6 Empty Re: Another great innovation from the IPL

Post by HH_pink Sun 19 Apr 2009, 18:32

Would you rather a rectum started it?
HH_pink
HH_pink

Another great innovation from the IPL - Page 6 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Another great innovation from the IPL - Page 6 Empty Re: Another great innovation from the IPL

Post by JKLever Sun 19 Apr 2009, 19:41

HH_pink wrote:Would you rather a rectum started it?

Stop being an Arse...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 20 Apr 2009, 02:45

JKLever wrote:
HH_pink wrote:Would you rather a rectum started it?

Stop being an Arse...
Your argument is full of holes.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 20 Apr 2009, 02:49

there goes zat - confusing his noggin and bottom again
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42583
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 20 Apr 2009, 03:01

And I'm sure the biggest arsehole on the forum said something enlightening there...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 07:13

Batman wrote:
This post was made by who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Is that an Aussie I hear knocking on my door trying to get a bait in?
Is that futility accompanying him?

Why do people feel the necessity of making posts to prove you have someone on ignore?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 20 Apr 2009, 08:16

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Why do people feel the necessity of making posts to prove you have someone on ignore?

I dunno. You tell me?
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 08:17

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

I dunno. You tell me?

Well, you are the one frigging doing it.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 08:32

BTW, taipan (with a small t) I distinctly remember you, backed by JKL, showing off your blistering knowledge of your compatriots regarding the IPL and what a bore it would be with empty stands and hardly anyone watching it at home. Maybe you should visit a refresher course. What I saw wasn't Indians alone filling the stands.

The first two days (all eight teams played) were sold out an hour and a half after begin of sales - and we haven't even got to Durban yet. People stuck around - even in inclement weather for hours to watch a combined set of international players (except from Pakistan) with 7 lesser known Indians do battle on the cricket field. From what I hear Port Elizabeth today isn’t going to be much different – in spite of it being a Monday evening. Maybe you need to revisit – or better still, click the refresh button on your browser – the issue. South Africans seem to enjoy this format of the game, which, in my opinion, makes them more connoisseurs of good entertainment and less stuck ups, which you project them to be. The floats going through the streets of Cape Town, the crowds lining the streets and the opening ceremony, must have all been a revelation to you – huh?

Given, it isn’t like the first edition in India as the decibels are lower and there isn’t that much glitz and glamour around. Yet they come in a good second. After all, the IPL is just visiting for a year. Hats off to the Saffies.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 08:35

jim rich wrote:BTW, taipan (with a small t) I distinctly remember you, backed by JKL, showing off your blistering knowledge of your compatriots regarding the IPL and what a bore it would be with empty stands and hardly anyone watching it at home. Maybe you should visit a refresher course. What I saw wasn't Indians alone filling the stands.

I also said novelty value would ensure crowds are the beginning. Lets see after week 3.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 20 Apr 2009, 08:36

How many were free (or heavily subsidized) tickets?

Channel 10 ( which shows the IPL in Oz and DOESN'T run negative stories about it) had a puff piece on the IPL players visiting youngsters in the Townships and how the kids had got to have a clinic with the Internationals and had all got subsidized tickets to IPL games
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26253
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 08:44

And the tickets have been very competitively priced. Most games you can get embankment tickets for R20.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:30

taipan wrote:
jim rich wrote:BTW, taipan (with a small t) I distinctly remember you, backed by JKL, showing off your blistering knowledge of your compatriots regarding the IPL and what a bore it would be with empty stands and hardly anyone watching it at home. Maybe you should visit a refresher course. What I saw wasn't Indians alone filling the stands.

I also said novelty value would ensure crowds are the beginning. Lets see after week 3.

You never said any such thing in the thread we first discussed it, on the contrary you made pretty emphatic statements about how well you knew your country. That's JKL's cue you've taken this time around. Besides, tell me something new. If you eat chocolate regularly in any quantity, you'll probably hate it after a while and IPL is overkill, without a doubt, if you watch all of it. Nobody ever does. Well, maybe this year it isn't too bad in its abbreviated form.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:37

jim rich wrote:
taipan wrote:

You never said any such thing in the thread we first discussed it, on the contrary you made pretty emphatic statements about how well you knew your country. That's JKL's cue you've taken this time around. Besides, tell me something new. If you eat chocolate regularly in any quantity, you'll probably hate it after a while and IPL is overkill, without a doubt, if you watch all of it. Nobody ever does. Well, maybe this year it isn't too bad in its abbreviated form.

Obviously I was referring to the comp in its entirity. Only someone with half a brain would judge over 2 days.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:43

Is Jim still banging on about this?

Because he distinctly remembers wrong. I said let's see if the crowds stand up after the initial frenzy has died down.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:45

And I also recall mentioning pricing and give-a-ways at the time.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:51

taipan, would have been nice had you conceded, but hey, what was I thinking? You just can't expect a happy fart from a sad arse.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:53

jim rich wrote:taipan, would have been nice had you conceded, but hey, what was I thinking? You just can't expect a happy fart from a sad arse.

I will happily concede if the crowds hold up for the entire tournament.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:55

jim rich wrote:
taipan wrote:

Does that answer your question, JKL?

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:57

Aye. Didn't see that.

I don't know why you're so tetchy because someone holds an opinion that it's likely there will be poorer crowds after the first week?

It's just an opinion. And like all opinions, it doesn't mean it's true.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 11:02

taipan wrote:
jim rich wrote:taipan, would have been nice had you conceded, but hey, what was I thinking? You just can't expect a happy fart from a sad arse.

I will happily concede if the crowds hold up for the entire tournament.

Take a look at my earlier post further up the page. Remember.......chocolate, etc.? I know its a bit difficult to get the analogy, but give it a try, will you?

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 11:24

JKLever wrote:Aye. Didn't see that.

I don't know why you're so tetchy because someone holds an opinion that it's likely there will be poorer crowds after the first week?

It's just an opinion. And like all opinions, it doesn't mean it's true.

taipan's track-record as a wind-up merchant invites retaliatory measures. Laughing

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 11:28

Is Jim actually Karti?

The logical thought process is the same.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Mon 20 Apr 2009, 11:44

hehehe........taipan and logic. Go figure.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 21 Apr 2009, 03:23

So, back to the blatant money grab at the 10-over mark, and Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh and VB Chandrsekhar have come out against it because it - here's a surprise - breaks the momentum in the game!

link

Even Mark Richardson, who's now involved in the broadcasts, is saying it's not such a good idea... Coming from Sky TV, which is pay-for-view, we don't like to run ads when we don't need to, because obviously we are trying to get people the best cricket available.

So stand by for Richardson to be sacked. Or have his surprise resignation accepted by IPL organisers.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next