Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another great innovation from the IPL

+18
HH_pink
JGK
skully
doremi
Batman
SG
buckSH
PeterCS
Ash
lardbucket
PlanetPakistan
JKLever
taipan
DJ_Smerk
The One
embee
tac
Zat
22 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Another great innovation from the IPL - Page 4 Empty Re: Another great innovation from the IPL

Post by The One Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:36

Ash wrote:
JGK wrote:So on a per hour basis, T20 is a distant last...

are tickets charged by the hour?

besides the point. his post would make sense only if people were made to sit inside the stadium by the hour and a new batch came in for the next hour. people buy tickets for the day, not by the hour

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Another great innovation from the IPL - Page 4 Empty Re: Another great innovation from the IPL

Post by skully Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:38

The sooner the banindians fark off and play their own insular little domestic/quasi-international pleb-fest, the better. The sooner Modi said I'm taking all my star players out of international Test Cricket to play some numpty local comp the better.

Then Eng-Aus-Saf (and mebee NZ and WI) could get on with playing real cricket.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106056
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:39

Modi has already farked off the Paks as well skully.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:42

So we can happily add the Paksters to the 6 team international Test/JAMODI roster.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:46

skully wrote:So we can happily add the Paksters to the 6 team international Test/JAMODI roster.

But you will not tour there.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:49

skully wrote:So we can happily add the Paksters to the 6 team international Test/JAMODI roster.

Aye - hopefully they can play out of a mixture of UAE and England.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:54

Yup. I'm sure many, many fans from both countries will support series at neutral venues.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:57

Oh, you still want JAMODIs, eh skully? Rolling Eyes
HH_pink
HH_pink

Another great innovation from the IPL - Page 4 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:00

HH_pink wrote:Oh, you still want JAMODIs, eh skully? Rolling Eyes
Better than T20s, Pinky.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:06

Now you realize why there are people who love Modi, despite his many shortcomings . . .

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:07

i would find it hard to believe anyone 'loves' modi. they probably dont mind him doing what he is doing for indian cricket, much like dalmiya. all that money could buy a lot of great infra

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:13

As I said TO, enjoy your insular little competition. It is sucking the life out of the international competition calender. I have images of farkin Modi dancing on the grave of international cricket (which gets all our juices flowing) for the sake of some local profit for his bank account.

He's a stinking turd of a human bean.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:14

The One wrote:
Zat wrote:If I want to watch a shedload of ads, I'll stick the tele on Nein...

you do have a choice you know? as does every other person out there who wants to/doesnt want to watch the ipl

You can't possibly be as thick as you seem from that post. Hang on, this is the same TO who I once said would probably be willing to argue the colour of orange juice...

Read my whole post for context

Here it is again...

Zat wrote:Maybe, given that this thing is seemingly on the cricket calendar to stay, a few more traditional cricket fans might decide to watch a few of the games, and would like to seesome, let's say, cricket, not incessant commercials. If I want to watch a shedload of ads, I'll stick the tele on Nein...

As for this...

JKLever wrote:Or they could retain some integrity and just take a hit on the profits for this season?

Surely to retain something you have to have it in the first place, no?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:20

the major aus irritation comes from fact that they are out of the picture in managing this show .. and not just that even SA and Eng stand a good chance to share the pie because of their locational advantages.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:26

Is that the sound of someone rattling the pig bucket?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:28

sound of someone not beating about the bush and getting right to the bottom of the aus whingefest.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:30

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:45

taipan wrote:
The One wrote:
south africans seem to have gobbled up tickets for madras vs bombay and rajasthan vs bangalore in a couple of hours.

Novelty Sunshine.

Lets see what happens in 3 weeks.

oh dear

"And an average of 80% of tickets have already been sold for each match"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8003971.stm

saffies seem to be more interested in a punjab vs calcutta t20 than a sa vs aus test match

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 17 Apr 2009, 16:48

>>

saffies seem to be more interested in a punjab vs calcutta t20 than a sa vs aus test match

the symbolism of IPL on SA can't be underestimated.
players of all colours & nationalities playing together is bound to raise spirits in SA.

and this is what India stands for, to spread the seed of hope of eastern inclusivism and not western exclusivism amongst all corners in the world.

It is the validation of SA as a successful and thriving society ready to break shackles with its past.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Fri 17 Apr 2009, 18:20

Ignore some of the comments from down under TO.
It's friday night after all. Just pass it over and chalk it up to Friday night drink binge.
You have a wonderful weekend to look forward to ahead of you.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 17 Apr 2009, 21:27

The One wrote:
taipan wrote:
The One wrote:
south africans seem to have gobbled up tickets for madras vs bombay and rajasthan vs bangalore in a couple of hours.

Novelty Sunshine.

Lets see what happens in 3 weeks.

oh dear

Oh dear.

This part was brilliant.

Along the main road in Johannesburg, IPL posters, with the slogan "The heat is coming", compete for space with the election posters of parties such as the ANC, the newly-formed Cope and the Democratic Alliance (DA).

I drive the main roads in Joburg every frigging day but have yet to see a poster for IPL.

But if the BBC say its so, who am I to argue.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2009, 21:43

taipan wrote:I drive the main roads in Joburg every frigging day but have yet to see a poster for IPL.
That's cos you're too busy looking at all the posters of those semi-clad SA models.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 17 Apr 2009, 21:46

Demelza wrote:
taipan wrote:I drive the main roads in Joburg every frigging day but have yet to see a poster for IPL.
That's cos you're too busy looking at all the posters of those semi-clad SA models.

Shows how farked up the IPL marketing is.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Sat 18 Apr 2009, 02:00

Why should anybody 'market' IPL when already 90% of the tickets have been sold.

by all accounts it's a massive success.

Have you seen any ads for Harley Davidson or Starbucks ?

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 18 Apr 2009, 13:14

Why would cutting considerable losses by elongating a match by only 15 minutes diminish anyone's integrity?

And is this the "I'll be especially stupid" day in Australia? All of you are posting some absolute brain-dead rubbish TBH.

Note to skully : Supporting the IPL does not mean someone does not enjoy tests. Neither have I seen any evidence of any sort from the 1 year it has been since it started that it has had any kind of adverse effect on tests. Try and ****** read and understand what the forummers here are saying and then get off on one of your slightly crazy "I hate Lalit Modi" rants. Nobody likes Lalit Modi, but however some of us tend to not share the rabid hatred against the IPL. It's a short, enjoyable, high quality T20 tournament. No one likes the 15 minute break every match, but it's understandable.

taips : You're sounding like merlo. You were wrong, admit it.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next