Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England (non) Performance Squads

+13
Eric Air Emu
LeFromage
WIFAN
holcs
Basil
Chivalry Augustus
Invader Zim
taipan
spangler
DJ_Smerk
JKLever
Brass Monkey
beamer
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

England (non) Performance Squads - Page 4 Empty Re: England (non) Performance Squads

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 29 May 2013, 13:26

Jesus.... Trev and Arul Suppiah - what a f*cking joke.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

England (non) Performance Squads - Page 4 Empty Re: England (non) Performance Squads

Post by Henry Wed 29 May 2013, 14:38

Never fulfilled his potential. Still class, though.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 29 May 2013, 14:41

Right.....
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 29 May 2013, 14:43

How's Alex Wakely going?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 29 May 2013, 16:37

Really quite abominable. I'm pretty much done with him. And Sales.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 29 May 2013, 22:25

So, this squad had as much TAYPOC factor as we all thought...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 29 May 2013, 22:42

Trev kept banging that Arul drum:

Henry on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 02:46 wrote:
Suppiah? I actually think he has a touch of class about him. I'm surprised he hasn't received Lions recognition. Typical bias against Somerset batsmen, I guess. Ie, because they play half their games at Taunton, they MUST be FTBs Rolling Eyes

The last 'set batsman to play for England was a guy by the name of Trescothick, and he had a pretty decent international career.

I always talked sense:

Brass Monkey on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 03:50 wrote:
Usually Somerset batsmen don't get picked because they're f*cking shitheap.

Take Suppiah, he can hardly be called a batsman worthy of an England pick - his record is mediocre, especially considering he plays half his matches on a deady - one could posit that opening is probably the most thankless task in terms of batting on the Taunton track but even that's a doddle and he's only been doing it for a year and a half. The last time he had a good season, it was 2009. What was happening in '09? Well, Taunton was even more benign than usual. The best thing about Arul Suppiah's credentials is that he's an all-rounder. By 'all-rounder' I mean he barely ever bowls and he's shit when he does.

BUT don't get me wrong, I like Arul - I think it's a delight that he comes from Kuala Lumpur.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 30 May 2013, 01:47

Brass Monkey wrote:Really quite abominable. I'm pretty much done with him. And Sales.

I'm astonished Northants are still picking Sales. Astonished. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'd guess he's averaging something like 25 since 2009? Four years of batting like a plucky number eight? Astonishing. County cricket at its worst.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 30 May 2013, 02:25

wow...that list is like a field of battlefield casualties at the end of a Kurosawa film...many cut down before their prime by the sharp and heavy broadaxe of trevving..

both Meaker and Dernbach are chances for the Ashes there or here
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42590
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 30 May 2013, 04:26

Brass Monkey wrote:Trev kept banging that Arul drum:

Henry on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 02:46 wrote:
Suppiah? I actually think he has a touch of class about him. I'm surprised he hasn't received Lions recognition. Typical bias against Somerset batsmen, I guess. Ie, because they play half their games at Taunton, they MUST be FTBs Rolling Eyes

The last 'set batsman to play for England was a guy by the name of Trescothick, and he had a pretty decent international career.

I always talked sense:

Brass Monkey on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 03:50 wrote:
Usually Somerset batsmen don't get picked because they're f*cking shitheap.

Take Suppiah, he can hardly be called a batsman worthy of an England pick - his record is mediocre, especially considering he plays half his matches on a deady - one could posit that opening is probably the most thankless task in terms of batting on the Taunton track but even that's a doddle and he's only been doing it for a year and a half. The last time he had a good season, it was 2009. What was happening in '09? Well, Taunton was even more benign than usual. The best thing about Arul Suppiah's credentials is that he's an all-rounder. By 'all-rounder' I mean he barely ever bowls and he's shit when he does.

BUT don't get me wrong, I like Arul - I think it's a delight that he comes from Kuala Lumpur.

Doesn't Compton hail from Somerset?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 30 May 2013, 07:21

Henry wrote:I'm astonished Northants are still picking Sales. Astonished. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'd guess he's averaging something like 25 since 2009? Four years of batting like a plucky number eight? Astonishing. County cricket at its worst.

To be fair, we haven't got anyone else.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 30 May 2013, 07:22

taipan wrote:

He's a Middx product.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 30 May 2013, 07:27

Via Durban.

His cricketing pedigree should make him exempt from the "ooh err, I see the Poms have picked another South African" talk.

And let's be honest- Aussies wont be able to use that one against us any more if their own government rushes through a new Bill in Parliament with the direct (but unofficial) purpose of drafting a Pakistani asylum seeker into their Ashes squad as quickly as possible.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 30 May 2013, 07:51

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:

He's a Middx product.

Yep, but it was his form for Somerset that got him picked, basically proving your point.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 30 May 2013, 08:08

True - although at least he scored quite a few runs. Arul Suppiah has done nothing but look dreamy every 8th innings, to Trev.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4