Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult?

+25
DJ_Smerk
Gary 111
krikri
Makaveli
footwork
doremi
eowyn
Growler
JKLever
Basil
Jontyh
Brass Monkey
buckSH
PlanetPakistan
furriner
embee
PeterCS
CT
Zat
tac
LeFromage
Eric Air Emu
Merlin
Shoeshine
skully
29 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 11 Empty Re: Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult?

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 01:40

tac wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:Still no evidence to provide Tac? This is extremely straightforward. You are asserting the existence of a God. I am saying there is no evidence for such a statement, and you still provide none. Ultimately, you are saying there is a God simply because you say so.

Once more, please provide evidence, and explain to me why the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a suitable candidate.

Again you ask for evidence yet claim not to? Again you turn to your worship of the rational approach and cannot begin to accept that anything might exist outside that?

If you lived a few hundred years ago you would have been as certain that the earth was flat and cells were indivisible as you are now that God could not possibly exist . . . (how silly you would have felt, eh?)

This proletarian scrabbling after proofs and facts is merely intellectual pride . . . it is impossible to conceive of anything existing outside what can be known by man . . .

I'm sorry, shoey, but I accept that science presents only a very poor approximation of the universe around us but also it will one lead to a fuller understanding of God . . . if God so desires it . . .

Aslong as the proles are happy, they won't harm no-one. Simple pleasures and all.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 11 Empty Re: Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult?

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 03:20

Up to page 7 this thread was quite funny. Then it got all goddy. And turned to drivel. FFS, I was brought up by very religious parents, and accepted the existence of a God as much as I accepted the sun would come up in the morning.

A bit of life experience made me realise that there's a shitload of inculcation going on, and that while there may be a god, any god that wants people to act the way some people who act in the name of religion would have to be vindictive, petty and stupid.

I find it hard to accept that if there is a god, that any of the religions on earth have got it right.

I also suspect that there is more likelihood of their being intelligent alien life somewhere out in space than of there being a god that earth people have got right.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 27 Jan 2010, 03:22

God made you write that
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 03:25

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Milky Way, a planet that God turned his attention away from for a minute, just so he could see what I was writing, has plunged into its sun, resulting in the deaths of billions.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 27 Jan 2010, 03:42

Merlin wrote:Good post Growls.

I personally would certainly need a more expansive explanation to convince me that everything that occurs on the planet occurs purely by chance, by fluke or randomly.

Whilst I may not subscribe to a specific God, I would certainly entertain the concept of a Superior Being/s that once inhabited this planet and from whom "religion" arrived in its various shapes, beliefs and forms.

To that effect, said Superior Being/s may well have been a highly intelligent alien race or else two or three extremely saintly humans whose qualities of leadership, oration and guidance germinated respective followings who took it then to the masses.... some abusing it others adhering to the original principals.

So effectively - yes, 'God' for me ... certainly not a random lotto of coincidences.

this makes the most sense. the 'one God' chap may have been a rebel from the ranks.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Wed 27 Jan 2010, 03:48

Zat wrote:Up to page 7 this thread was quite funny. Then it got all goddy. And turned to drivel. FFS, I was brought up by very religious parents, and accepted the existence of a God as much as I accepted the sun would come up in the morning.

A bit of life experience made me realise that there's a shitload of inculcation going on, and that while there may be a god, any god that wants people to act the way some people who act in the name of religion would have to be vindictive, petty and stupid.

I find it hard to accept that if there is a god, that any of the religions on earth have got it right.

I also suspect that there is more likelihood of their being intelligent alien life somewhere out in space than of there being a god that earth people have got right.

I wrote a post on page nine, you swine. Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 11 Icon_lol

And it was repeated in so many ways, for the next ten pages, while being completely ignored. But do I care??
I have just this to say:

Blah!!!

Anyhoo, to shoey:
Shoey do you KNOW there is no god; or do you have FAITH there is no god?? Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 11 Icon_lol
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 04:08

Footsie, you can't expect to be noticed when you make a sensible, concise contribution in a long-winded, circular thread.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 27 Jan 2010, 04:42

I admire shoey's religious fervour

oh hang on

I think he may be Merlin's love child
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 04:51

G.Wood wrote:I admire shoey's religious fervour

oh hang on

I think he may be Merlin's love child

I'm sure he'll respect that seeing as he has some almighty bouts with Merls on a regular basis. (Then again it's hard not to).
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 04:56

Smerk, your new avatar looks like it's on a bad acid trip.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 04:57

What has happened to Albert?

Nice reputation by the way.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:01

Albert got a facelift. Or I found a facelift for him. When the actress Jean Simmons died, the subject of Gene Simmons came up, and the rest is history.

And can I help it if people pos rep me? I give out more pluses than minuses, it pays to be nice.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:03

It also seems like things have settled down on the India/Australia front.

Seems quiet, a little too quiet. An almost eerie silence. An air of calm we don't often see on FB.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:04

Give it time.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:05

The Ozzies have taken to bashing up the Welsh...no one seems to give a shit about that
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:06

It upsets the sheep.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:06

Aussie in 'what's wrong with racists?' shocker........
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:07

Small mercies.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:07

Henry wrote:Aussie in 'what's wrong with racists?' shocker........
Trev in speaking gibberish but needing to get in a dig at Australia shocker.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:09

Racism = The World.

Argument over. I'm hungry.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:11

DJ_Smerk wrote:Racism = The World.
Why is "The World" such a hurtful insult?

Doesn't work, Smerk.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:11

Doesn't have the same ring to it.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:13

Zat wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:Racism = The World.
Why is "The World" such a hurtful insult?

Doesn't work, Smerk.

Indeed.
If it were true Michael Jackson would not have been able to sing We Are the World as some of his best friends are black.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:13

And 'We Are Racist' wouldn't have sold as many copies.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 27 Jan 2010, 05:14

But underneath, aren't we all the same?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next