Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult?

+25
DJ_Smerk
Gary 111
krikri
Makaveli
footwork
doremi
eowyn
Growler
JKLever
Basil
Jontyh
Brass Monkey
buckSH
PlanetPakistan
furriner
embee
PeterCS
CT
Zat
tac
LeFromage
Eric Air Emu
Merlin
Shoeshine
skully
29 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult?

Post by skully Tue 26 Jan 2010, 09:58

Has this thread become County-ist?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult?

Post by Shoeshine Tue 26 Jan 2010, 09:59

Brass Monkey wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:Oh don't talk utter rot. Clarkson has never been so guilty of hyperbole and exaggeration as you are saying that. So you don't like him, that's fine.

Um, it was slightly tongue-in-cheek - but as for the 'hyperbole and exaggeration' judgement on Clarkson, go f*ck yourself. Seriously. He's one of the biggest jingoistic twats that have had the fortune of appearing on the TV or in the newspapers.

I don't give a stuff if you like him or not, I'm not interested. But you're a very angry man, aren't you? Go and play with your rattle.

Shoeshine

Why is "racist" such a hurtful insult? - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 26 Jan 2010, 09:59

In the immortal words of the Greatest ever group that raised a chord ... ( ps - ALL Southerners) ...

"Us and Them ...."

Always has been, always will be Skulls ... Wink

Last edited by Merlin on Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:00; edited 1 time in total

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:00

Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:I see. Clarkson is certainly a borish buffoon but is he really capable of farking UK/Great Britain/England? Shocked

People of that ilk. There's more than just three. There're actually millions. And they're shite. A waste of space.

What is your issue with them ? Is it their hypocrisy or their general contempt towards others.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:01

Shoeshine wrote:

I don't give a stuff if you like him or not, I'm not interested. But you're a very angry man, aren't you? Go and play with your rattle.

He can't.
It's always on the floor by his pram.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:02

Merlin wrote:In the immortal words of the Greatest ever group that raised a chord ... ( ps - ALL Southerners) ...

"Us and Them ...."

Yeah, but I thought the divide was Hadrian's Wall, Merls. Wink
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:08

Shoeshine wrote:

Very Happy Oh shit man. I'm so sorry. I really thought you would give a shit. Can you tell me whether I should be giving a shit that you don't give a shit?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:10

Brass Monkey wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:

Very Happy Oh shit man. I'm so sorry. I really thought you would give a shit. Can you tell me whether I should be giving a shit that you don't give a shit?

Nope. But it might be time for your pills given your behaviour. Are you 5 years old or something?

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:10

buckSH wrote:
What is your issue with them ? Is it their hypocrisy or their general contempt towards others.

They just live in their own little twee comfort zone - they have little idea about things even five miles away from their own nose. They have a high degree of self-importance. They speak for millions of people just because of their proximity. Most of all their views are misguided and misjudged.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:12

Shoeshine wrote:
Nope. But it might be time for your pills given your behaviour. Are you 5 years old or something?

Ouch. Put me right in my place. Tail between the legs time for me. Shoeshine has offered his #28,281 opinion on something and yet again he's right. That's 28,281 / 28,281. Quite a score.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:13

skully wrote:
Merlin wrote:In the immortal words of the Greatest ever group that raised a chord ... ( ps - ALL Southerners) ...

"Us and Them ...."

Yeah, but I thought the divide was Hadrian's Wall, Merls. Wink

Nah mate - at least with the Jocks you know where you stand - we're the Sassenachs - end of!

With them Norferners it's a guessing game as to whether the Saaf are good for them or not ... they blow hot and cold along with the economy and other such 'appenings.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:15

Brass Monkey wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:

Ouch. Put me right in my place. Tail between the legs time for me. Shoeshine has offered his #28,281 opinion on something and yet again he's right. That's 28,281 / 28,281. Quite a score.

Better than your "go f*ck yourself" response to anyone who dares to comment on your clearly reasoned posts. There's a Guardian column for you right away for such eloquent discourse. If your going to be a big baby, expect to be treated as such.

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:17

Brass Monkey wrote:
buckSH wrote:

They just live in their own little twee comfort zone - they have little idea about things even five miles away from their own nose. They have a high degree of self-importance. They speak for millions of people just because of their proximity. Most of all their views are misguided and misjudged.

Laughing ... priceless!
Listen Moneh ... here's a simple bit of advice for your tiny self-centred pea brain to activate -

Pull your head out of your arse.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:19

Quality thread, this. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:20

Brass Monkey wrote:
buckSH wrote:

seen such types around every capital in the world. More so in the western commonwealth probably reflecting the heritage of those types you refer to.

Britain has more than its fair share I presume. Tough luck.

It's difficult breathing the air around such obnoxious souls.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:22

Shoeshine wrote:Better than your "go f*ck yourself" response to anyone who dares to comment on your clearly reasoned posts. There's a Guardian column for you right away for such eloquent discourse. If your going to be a big baby, expect to be treated as such.
Very Happy Very Happy
Couldn't you take it? By your reaction I expect you're not used to it. Grow up, they're only words.

My addition to that 'suggestion' was that he is easily one of the most sensationalist and hyperbolic 'journalists' that one is likely to read.

But you're really teaching me a lesson here, your brand of personality modification has took me to task - I'll stop acting like a baby.

Clarkson is brilliant, he doesn't feel like he can say anything in his boorish, opinionated and quite often ill-informed way to his large captive audience who lap up everything he says.

Phew.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:23

Merlin wrote:

Laughing ... priceless!
Listen Moneh ... here's a simple bit of advice for your tiny self-centred pea brain to activate -

Pull your head out of your arse.

Shoey?? SHOEY??? He told me to pull my head out of my arse. That's not contributory. That's acting like a big baby. Please chide him in your sanctimonious way.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:24

It kinda reminds of the famous phrase from the old testa.

"And the Lord hardened their hearts, so that they were completely destroyed without mercy".

their false confidence blinds them to the real challenges and they fall down in one mighty swoop.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:26

Brass Monkey wrote:Clarkson is brilliant, he doesn't feel like he can say anything in his boorish, opinionated and quite often ill-informed way to his large captive audience who lap up everything he says.
James May certainly thinks he's a loud-mouthed twat, and he's prolly right, but he's good for a laff, ol' Clarkson. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:29

skully wrote:
James May certainly thinks he's a loud-mouthed twat, and he's prolly right, but he's good for a laff, ol' Clarkson. Cool

So people tell me skully. Haven't been able to myself.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:32

Brass Monkey wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:Better than your "go f*ck yourself" response to anyone who dares to comment on your clearly reasoned posts. There's a Guardian column for you right away for such eloquent discourse. If your going to be a big baby, expect to be treated as such.
Very Happy Very Happy
Couldn't you take it? By your reaction I expect you're not used to it. Grow up, they're only words.

My addition to that 'suggestion' was that he is easily one of the most sensationalist and hyperbolic 'journalists' that one is likely to read.

But you're really teaching me a lesson here, your brand of personality modification has took me to task - I'll stop acting like a baby.

Clarkson is brilliant, he doesn't feel like he can say anything in his boorish, opinionated and quite often ill-informed way to his large captive audience who lap up everything he says.

Phew.

*Sigh*, no it doesn't bother me in the least. It just says a lot about you that's all.

No problem, you carry on being an angry man if it makes you feel good.

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:33

Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:

Bit of a petrol head, me, Dan. Top Gear is a top show.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:36

skully wrote:
Bit of a petrol head, me, Dan. Top Gear is a top show.

Yeah, I'm not. That may be the start of why I haven't 'warmed' to him. The only thing I really liked about him was that he slotted Piers Morgan. He should get a VC for that.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:38

Fair enough.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:40

Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:

More free advice -
Emigrate South, m'lad!.
You'll get a more colourful, healthier and happier perspective of life rather than a boorish self-centred attitude where everything MUST be colured grey or else it's not right!

On second thoughts, stay where you are.... it's prolly better all round and it affords us Southerners an opportunity to have a good giggle at your expense!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next