Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wimbledon Thread - anyone for tennis?

+33
tricycle
baggygreen
PlanetPakistan
Gary 111
Lara Lara Laughs
Red
LeFromage
Brass Monkey
bodyline
Yorkie Jill
WideWally
G.Wood
Hass
horace
Chivalry Augustus
Bradman
Paul Keating
JKLever
doremi
beamer
DJ_Smerk
Nath
Big Dog
eowyn
Henry
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
embee
skully
taipan
JGK
Zat
PeterCS
37 posters

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

The Wimbledon Thread - anyone for tennis? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Wimbledon Thread - anyone for tennis?

Post by beamer Mon 27 Jun 2011, 23:19

Major doubts about Nadal's continued involvement in the tournament - Fish could get a bye to the semis (probably to face Murray, and we know what happens to British players in Wimbledon semi-finals) and still available at odds of around 80/1. Murray's next opponent Lopez is quoted at even longer odds.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

The Wimbledon Thread - anyone for tennis? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Wimbledon Thread - anyone for tennis?

Post by PeterCS Tue 28 Jun 2011, 00:09

Nadal recovers quickly.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Tue 28 Jun 2011, 00:11

what happened? Is Nadal injured?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

The Wimbledon Thread - anyone for tennis? - Page 6 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 28 Jun 2011, 02:10

n hurt his left foot and post match indicated he may have to pull out
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42590
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Tue 28 Jun 2011, 07:44

He's having an MRI on his foot this morning.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 09:12

Henry wrote:
Chivalry Augustus wrote:So Tomic is an "Australian" born in Germany to non-Australian parents? You guys must be really proud.

Born in Germany to Croatian and Bosnian parents.

He will now overtake Marinko Matosevic as Australia's top ranked Men's tennis player. On the women's side, Jarmila Gajdosova and Jelena Dokic are battling it out to be Australia's top ranked female player.....

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi.....
I could use the 'his family moved to Australia when he was three years old, which is considerably younger than the age most of England's South African cricketers were when they moved north' defence. But then people might think I gave a f*ck about tennis.

Mind you, if he wins a Grand Slam title before Murray does, it'll be piss funny.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 28 Jun 2011, 09:15

Zat wrote:
Henry wrote:
Chivalry Augustus wrote:So Tomic is an "Australian" born in Germany to non-Australian parents? You guys must be really proud.

Born in Germany to Croatian and Bosnian parents.

He will now overtake Marinko Matosevic as Australia's top ranked Men's tennis player. On the women's side, Jarmila Gajdosova and Jelena Dokic are battling it out to be Australia's top ranked female player.....

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi.....
I could use the 'his family moved to Australia when he was three years old, which is considerably younger than the age most of England's South African cricketers were when they moved north' defence. But then people might think I gave a f*ck about tennis.

Mind you, if he wins a Grand Slam title before Murray does, it'll be piss funny.

Besides....the lad talks with a 'strine' accent and thats good enough.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 09:31

He's still less likable than Hewitt.

And as Hewitt is on 'turd in a punchbowl' level, that's quite a feat.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:27

horace wrote:n hurt his left foot and post match indicated he may have to pull out
Bollocks will he, he does this every f**king time. Absolutely no way he'll pull out, he'll get the all clear. He's just a dick who needs an excuse ready in case he loses. At worst it's possibly a tiny bit bruised, and I'm being generous here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:31

And the plebs still buy into his bullsh!t too:

"Rafa - I didn't think my admiration could grow much more for him, but to play a match of that quality, against that kind of opponent, with what sounds like a serious injury? Just amazing. Ultimate poker face as well - after the first tie break there was no whining or moaning, he just got on with the job. Wimbledon will be a much, much sadder place for me if he can't continue."

HE'S NOT F**KING INJURED YOU MORONS, IT WAS A TACTICAL TIME OUT TO SCREW UP HIS OPPONENT BEFORE THE TIE BREAK AND IT WORKED.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:37

Vilks I am getting the impression you don't like Nadal. Am I right?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:39

It would seem a distinct possibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:40

It is sort of annoying that he does it every time he looks like losing.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:46

At least in cricket the ICC has finally decided to do something about players using 'injuries' to their advantage. They've given 'runners' the flick.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:51

I'm just staggered that people haven't clicked, he's been doing this sh!t for the past 4 years yet no one mentions it, it's always the same "Brave Nadal battles on despite his injury".

Spanish c**t wrote:I don't know what the problem is, I will get it checked out. I'm worried for sure,"

"I'm going to do the MRI. We'll see what's going on. I cannot predict the future," Nadal said.

"I am checking with the doctors, with the physios. They are trying. We are trying to do our best as fast as possible.

"Let's see what's going on and let's see how the MRI looks. And after, let's see if we have the chance to recover for Wednesday. I don't know."
Like f**k he doesn't know, the twat.

What. A. Prick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:51

Well I like Nadal. It seems that people here are hating him for not feebly waving the white flag and forfeiting the match last night. As it is, he battled through and won, but now is awaiting the result of an MRI scan as he may have a fracture. I guess he'll be faking it if he's forced to pull out of the tournament?

People get injured playing sport. It happens. The guy is the ultimate pro, with a good deal of grit thrown in.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:53

I'm actually too angry with your post to respond properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:53

Relax, have a drink or six.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:57

He didn't forfeit because HE WASN'T INJURED!! He won't have to pull out and the scan will be fine, it's so utterly predictable, like I say he does this multiple times per year, just google "Nadal injury scare" and see how many of the tournaments he actually pulled out of.

I find your suggestion intriguing though so I may give it a go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:59

I seem to remember him pulling out of the Australian Open this year, actually.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:00

Henry wrote:Well I like Nadal.
You would.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:01

Henry wrote:Well I like Nadal. It seems that people here are hating him for not feebly waving the white flag and forfeiting the match last night. As it is, he battled through and won, but now is awaiting the result of an MRI scan as he may have a fracture. I guess he'll be faking it if he's forced to pull out of the tournament?

People get injured playing sport. It happens. The guy is the ultimate pro, with a good deal of grit thrown in.

So if he does continue will you agree with Vilks?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:03

Henry wrote:I seem to remember him pulling out of the Australian Open this year, actually.
Nope, he got beaten. But of course he wasn't 100% fit. He's never lost a match when he's 100% fit don't you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:04

taipan wrote:
Henry wrote:Well I like Nadal. It seems that people here are hating him for not feebly waving the white flag and forfeiting the match last night. As it is, he battled through and won, but now is awaiting the result of an MRI scan as he may have a fracture. I guess he'll be faking it if he's forced to pull out of the tournament?

So if he does continue will you agree with Vilks?

No I wont. I don't agree with his slow play, but I think it's unfair to criticise him for getting injured now and then. Considering the physical style of tennis that he plays, it's not surprising. Unfortunately, he will probably be forced to hang up the racket in his late 20s.

There are far bigger c*nts in the tennis world at the moment than Nadal.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:09

In professional sport you are almost never 100% and most players simply shrug off any little niggles they have. Nadal calls the trainer if he has even the slightest bit of discomfort, and he'll always do it at a crucial time (game before his opponent has to serve to stay in the set, just before a tie break etc.).

I can't recall him getting the trainer in the middle games of a set which is why it stinks of sh!tty sportsmanship.

And their might be bigger qunts in tennis outwardly but at least they are honest about their quntishness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next